Monday, January 24, 2011

Hakuba Ski Trip 2011

A while back (January 14-16), Shizuoka Prefecture ALTs and Yamanashi Prefecture ALTs met up in Hakuba, Nagano Prefecture for a weekend of skiing fun! The drive took about 4 and a half hours (forecast for almost 6 hours) thanks to good directions and generous speeding on the expressway. Shh! Don't tell!

We arrived about 10:30 at the Lady Diana Hotel in Hakuba. There wasn't much snow on the ground, but it was forecast to snow all night and all weekend.

This is what we woke up to on Saturday morning!!!!
Talk about a Winter Wonderland!




Sophie, Drew, and I are ready to hit the slopes!!!!!



Making some new friends with the Yamanashi ALTs.



My apologies that I didn't get any pictures of me actually skiing this time. The snow was coming down VERY hard and it was difficult to maneuver poles, gloves, cold fingers, and to keep my lens from fogging up all at once. We're meeting again in February so maybe I'll have better luck then!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I appreciated your kind way of knowledge.Great Stuff Here..hope more to come.
Hotel and Appartments Hakuba