Sunday, August 31, 2008

Apartment

I thought I'd finally get around to posting some pictures! So yay!

My bedroom...
On my pillow is the 1st Harry Potter book in Japanese. I've had it for about 2 weeks and am still in the first chapter! And it only cost me 105 yen which is about 96 cents!




The other part of my bedroom, the entertainment sector.
It's quite cluttered with DVDs, TONS of Japanese-English reference books, and a growing collection of manga--Japanese comics.



This is the second bedroom, intended for a guestroom. Oh, and the guess will be sleeping on the floor, traditional Japanese style. But for now, it's my hanging closet and office space. From that window, if the weather is not hazy, I can see Mt. Fuji.



And these stairs... well... I might die on them. They are VERY steep so I take them one at a time and usually cling to the framing on the walls.




And the bottom of the stairs and to the left there is an entrance to the kitchen. It's so small! But I'm managing quite nicely. I have to do dishes everyday! BY HAND! =P






And this is the small dining area next to it. Yes, that is my fridge... it's dorm size. But it's perfect for a little thing like me and just for one person.




And through the dining area comes the living space! Sorry it's so messy.
If the guest would rather not sleep on the floor, he/she gets to sleep on the big leather couch.



It's a bit of a mess because I was getting ready for my mom's visit. And in an attempt to clear out space, I ended up putting things in piles. I'll get to them eventually.




And the bathroom. In traditional Japanese style, you wash first and then soak in the tub. The tub is short and meant to be filled to the top so the whole body can enjoy the warmth. I haven't used it yet because it's been so hot!


And that's my place!

1 comment:

OfficeLinebacker said...

This is such an awesome and informative post. It evokes memories of when I used to live in Japan. Though, to be fair, I lived in American style housing and had a housekeeper!