Sunday, August 31, 2008

Funakoshizutsumi Park and all the funny signs included.

I try to spend my weekends outside my apartment and usually try to explore more about Shimizu. Today (technically yesterday by now) I went to the park that is close to my apartment. Everytime I try to say the name, I just spray spit everywhere. So be careful too.


FUJI-SAN! During the summer, it's very hazy here because we're near the mountains and by the sea. But this morning as I was running errands, I saw it! YAY!




The park is open to the public and because today turned out much cooler after a couple of nights of rain, I enjoyed leisurely strolling/hiking through the park. At this pond, people like to fish, but not to eat the fish later... but just for the pleasure of sitting outside and enjoying nature it seems.





This sign is describing a firefly growth process and designating the location of where in the park the fireflies can be found. Right now, cicadas are making a royal racket at night.






This obelisk can help you find a constellation you are looking for...






...Or you can use this place!





No, you cannot let your pets go anywhere they want, no matter how upset they look at you.






And the park has many things to entertain young children too. I thought this jungle gym was really fun so I joined in after I took the following two pictures. I couldn't help myself.




On, and this is a slide. I did it on standing up on my flipflops. And I think I squealed all the way down.




Probably the cutest thing of the whole evening.




And a view of Shimizu!





Fuji-san is back to hiding behind the clouds again. But you can see the ferris wheel in this picture! And that's very close to the harbor and the S-Pulse Dream Plaza (mall-esque).




God makes beautiful things everywhere... =)



1 comment:

Toni said...

dear Jill, thanks for posting your blog. I just discovered it. I love your sense of humor. It is very interesting for me to see Japan through your eyes. The pictures of nature especially excite me. Thanks, Toni