Sunday, February 21, 2010

Yuki Matsuri 2010: Snow Sculptures

On Saturday, I went around to see the snow sculptures in Odori Park.


The 7th block of the Odori Park is always dedicated to some international display.
This year's highlight comes from Dresden, Germany, the Frauenkirche Church.
The church did not survive the bombings during WWII, but as far as possible, the church has been rebuilt using the original stones.



The Baekje Royal Palace of South Korea
This model is taken after the Empress' Palace.



My nephew, Kale, loves trains of all sorts so this made me think of him.



Chibi Maruko-chan and Friends
Chibi Maruko-chan is a TV show.
2 things are super cool about this show.
1) It takes place in Shimizu, the city where I live.
2) The creator, Sakura Momoko, graduated from the high school where I teach: Shimizu West!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: