Sunday, September 21, 2008

The birthday that never ends. =)

I have been celebrating my birthday for a week and a half now! It's been great!

At church today, the services were a little shorter and the church threw me a small, birthday luncheon complete with party favors and a beautiful layered buttered cake with whipped cream icing and topped with fresh fruit like pineapple, kiwi, and peaches. I even blew out 23 candles!

I am much improved since the meltdown on Wednesday. School is going well and I have an ultra-short week because Tuesday is another national holiday (Autumn Equinox) and Friday is Sports Day so I will have to go to school, but I will not have to teach classes. The Mid-Year Seminar for all JETs only a few weeks away so I will be able to see all my friends again soon. I am very much looking forward to that ^_^

The weather here has gotten much cooler thanks to a "typhoon". I hear that Japan gets many of them and this one happened to be just a heavy rainshower. Arkansas T-storms are worse than what we had on Friday night. It rained a little more this morning and I have enjoyed sleeping with the windows open and burrowed under blankets at night.

So again... Happy Birthday to me!

1 comment:

Sarina said...

Jill, I am so glad you've had a relaxing birthday...it's nice to feel loved, especially when you are in a new place without what we take for granted(everything you mentioned). I hope you have a great day! What time is it there anyway...i think you might be sleeping now as I write this. Anyway, I hope you are well and am glad that you are enjoying your time in japan.