Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Let the Update Begin! Part 3

Awhile back, I wrote about my shock at the different standard of dress just to go shopping in Japan! Here are pictures to prove the contrast...

Omotesando Hills is a shopping center filled with all the names you'd see on 5th Avenue in New York. And I was wearing THAT!



Just to prove my point... I am standing between Chanel and Bvlgari... in jeans and a fleece pullover. If I knew what kind of "department store" I would be visiting that evening, I would've worn something else, of course!



Inside... there were Christmas decorations up... only... unlike any Christmas decorations I had seen. Swarovski crystal chandeliers and Christmas trees adorned the plaza.





So the next day, I tried a different outfit when we went to Roppongi Hills for lunch. I felt a little more at ease but I refused to wear dress shoes when I knew I would be walking all day. My face looks deranged in the first picture... I think I was holding back a sneeze...



1 comment:

Claire said...

are you wearing a turtle neck? do they love them there? omg they really love turtle necks here. quite handy, actually...in case you forget your scarf. was your winter that bad? um. mine needs turtle neck, scarf and ALL the works. love the pics!