Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Let the Update Begin! Part 5

So before school started, the chorus club had a nabe party. Nabe is a winter dish that you make at the table. It's like... make-your-own-stew. It's REALLY good and really comforting to eat in the winter time when the cold sets in. So since the teachers had to be at school to work but classes hadn't started yet, we had a nabe party for lunch.


Here are our two MCs.



We played a game where 3 cream puffs were actually stuffed with wasabi (extremely strong green horseradish) instead of cream. But you couldn't tell from the outside which were the bad ones. I think my face is hilarious because I was picked as the "teacher" to participate in this activity. Then we ate them whole and the rest of the students had to guess who were the ones with the wasabi-puffs.




Thankfully, I was not a victim of a wasabi-puff. Poor Yuki, Akiho, and Hayato tried to keep a straight face to keep the game going.




My Nabe Party table from left to right: Chisato, me, Yuki, Hayato, Sayaka, Koharu, Aki, and.... I'm embarassed to say I'm drawing a blank on the last one. Hopefully that'll be fixed soon.



And all the students in chorus club! Fun times!

1 comment:

Marty Rhea Hill said...

Jill, You are beautiful!!!!!! I always read Tonya's blog and was going to comment today on how much the girls (I saw her post from Dallas' blog) are growing up and saw your post. I love seeing all of your photos. It is so good to see you. You look the very same as you did as my camper only more grown up and absolutely gorgeous. You have always had the best hair. I love seeing your blog. I will continue to keep looking. Soooooooo great to see you!!!!!!