Tuesday, November 4, 2008

It's the Little Things...

...like ordering pizza.

I do not know why, but I was feeling a mixture of extreme laziness, slight feverishness, and overall gloom coming home from work today. Today was an okay day at school, nothing sparkling or glittering with accomplishments unless you count survival.

But weeks ago, I got an ad in my letterbox about a "Chicago Style" pizza place that delivered! And what was more, it came with a coupon! I had stuck it on my mini-fridge via magnet for safe-keeping, and got inspired/brave enough/desperate enough, to use my minimal Japanese to try to order pizza.

I explained to the man that I was a foreigner but I understood some Japanese. He was so nice and patient as I gave my cell number, my address, and tried to describe the kind of pizza I wanted. When we finally understood each other and got the order through, I thanked him thoroughly and realized I was bowing while on the phone!! HA HA HA!!

So I got a small "pepperoni" pizza with pari-pari crust (thin crust) and it came in about 15 minutes VERY hot via a moped with a thermal box on the backseat.


Please excuse the frumpiness. The pizza was SO GOOD though!!!!! I am tempted to do it all over again tomorrow, BUT, I have chicken marinading in fridge so I better cook it for supper.

1 comment:

Claire said...

jill i loved this. i am currently laughing as i type this and thinking of you bowing on the phone. HA! that´s amazing. ordering pizza is definitely the worst. once you´ve done it well...don´t you feel so proud!? you should be proud. i´m certainly impressed with you. have a wonderful weekend.