Thursday, June 25, 2009

The definition of miserable.

miserable: adjective.
1. very unhappy: experiencing a serious lack of contentment or happiness
2. very unpleasant: causing or accompanied by discomfort, unpleasantness, or unhappiness.
3. contemptible: deserving contempt or condemnation
4. inadequate: inadequate, often insultingly or embarrassingly inadequate, in quantity or quality.
5. dirty or squalid: dirty, squalid, and lacking any comfort

I especially want to focus on points 2-5. I can be happy and still be uncomfortable.

It is 92 degrees today. There is no air-conditioning. There are no ceiling fans. There are no fans at all. No wind is blowing in through the open windows. And I am recovering from a summer head cold, chills 'n' fever, my own kleenex box, the works.

The rainy season has only begun and I'm already "miserable".

I am totally buying a clipfan for my desk in the staffroom.

1 comment:

Claire said...

biggest hugs EVER Jill! hang in there. I wish I could just...you know..pop on by to cheer you up. :) just a mere little pond in the way. HUG!