Monday, October 13, 2008

Frump Night

This is probably the greatest creation known to man.

And it is always shared with my best guy-friend, State.


It started last fall but I am not really sure why. Maybe because I was fed up with State catching me when I was frumpy.

Frumpy (adj): meaning without make-up, messy hair, and clothes resembling sweat pants, worn-out t-shirt or otherwise embarrassing attire to be seen wearing in public, but honestly, the clothes and get-up are very comfortable.

I think Frump Night began around fall mid-terms tests and the Homecoming musical. Musical rehearsals were going from 6:30pm-11pm at least 3 nights a week and mid-terms were just around the corner.
So to take a break from it all the rush and demands, State and I planned a movie night in our "frumpy" clothes and to eat only comfort foods, aka, junk food. For the first night, we watched "Pride and Prejudice", the Keira Knightley version while eating Ben and Jerry's ice cream.

Since the first successful Frump Night, State and I agreed on some rules.
1) Frumpy attire must be upheld.
This could be athletic shorts, sweat pants, tank tops, old t-shirts, or hoodies. I usually rocked a ponytail, sweatpants, and a tanktop or hoodie. Here are some screenshots from an anime that can relate to how I look when I am "frumpy".



2) No make-up, no cologne.

3) Because State and I are hopeless romantics, only chick-flicks and romantic comedies should be watched with an occasional suspenseful thriller thrown into the mix.

4) There will be no talking about classes, homework, tests, or school-related duties. However, possible school-related romances were encouraged to be discussed.

5) Only junk food shall be eaten.
I usually enjoyed something salty like popcorn or potato chips or osembe with a glass of iced Dr. Pepper. State liked his sweets so he would eat ice cream or something my mom would offer him that we had in the house like chocolate-chip poundcake, mocha ice cream pie, cheesecake, you name it.

Since coming to Japan, I have not had an official "Frump Night" since usually it takes two people to enjoy the momentous occasion.

For my faithful viewers, you are perfectly welcome to have and or create your own "Frump Night" agenda so long as you give credit to the creator: me! :D

1 comment:

Alex said...

This sounds brilliant.